How To Use Voice-Activated SEO For Higher Rankings
Voice search has come far since the introduction of Siri in 2011. Now, there are numerous voice-activated search options such as Cortana, Google Assistant and Alexa.
Why Do People Love Voice Search
Are you wondering why people prefer voice search compared to typing keywords on their browser? Well, here’s what you need to know.
• It’s easier to multitask.
• Voice search allows you to do things faster than other devices.
• You can get instant answers as well as any information you need.
• It simplifies the daily routine effortlessly.
How To Use Voice-Activated SEO On Your Website
Note that, when driving most people use voice search to ask questions about the local businesses or the working hours. Therefore, whether you are running a large or small business, you need to take advantage of voice-activated SEO to boost your search engine rankings. Here’s the best way to do that with SEO Belfast.
1. Keyword Research
There are notable differences between typing and speaking. Therefore, if you want to take advantage of voice search for SEO, you need to find out the type of questions people would ask and how they would phrase it. Using these particular keywords or specific phrases is the best way to make your business available with voice search.
2. Site Structure & Content Development
You need to phrase your content according to the customer’s journey. That way, you have voice search results for each step of the way. Some of the notable points of each customer’s journey include awareness, interest, evaluation, purchase, customer support and loyalty.
3. Structured Data Optimization
Of course, using voice-activated SEO is also a trial and error process. Remember, with voice search, users can only get one answer which is often the most relevant and optimized. Well, if you want to use it successfully, you need to make sure that your content is relevant as possible to the specific query.
First, you need to make sure that your web pages are easy to crawl. Start by creating a sitemap for easy navigation. You should also use structured data markups to inform the search engines about the content on your site using metadata.
4. Mobile-Friendly Website
A lot of voice searches originate from mobile-friendly sites. Having a mobile-friendly site is important for voice-activated SEO. Here are some things to note in this aspect.
• Start by improving the site’s speed. Voice search loads pages at least 52% faster. Users expect quick results when searching for information while on the go.
• Optimize for local SEO results. Voice search queries are mostly related to local businesses such as location, available products, business hours and any information regarding local businesses.
• Also, make sure your site is easy to navigate to make it easier for the search engines bots to crawl and find the most relevant information to give to users.
Of course, no one is sure whether or not voice search will dominate search results. However, they have a huge impact on search marketing. You should focus on voice-activated SEO because it’s beneficial to your marketing and visibility efforts for your business.